Monday, December 10, 2007

Assignment #10

Theme is what makes whatever you write very interesting without a theme I don't think its worth much. Once i tried to write a story and I didn't know theme was required in a story so i started my story without an anchor which is what a theme is to a story and I showed it to my sophomore year english teacher to read. After he read it he asked what my story was about and I was confused because i thought I gave him the story to read and since he read it he knew what it was about. And then he told me I needed a theme for the story and I had to rewrite the story after I came up with a theme. Then I understood that a theme was very important in whatever you write. A good Literature, maybe needs to express an idea but, maybe not. But then if it has to last a long time then I think it needs to represent an Idea of what it actually is this is where the quote "read between the lines" comes in.

I think they last that long because people like them as well as they express a very strong idea of the past and nobody wants to give up the past. They are very hard pieces of literature that are hard to let go of like the pride and prejudice even to this day that is a very well liked book and they made a movie out of it. The authors from long time have a very different point of view about literature then the modern authors and that is caused by the past and waht kinds of things took place. Even if I write something it will be non-fiction and about my childhood experieance of civil war and that stuff so I don't see that lasting centuries or even years from the time its published.

One-long lasting impact around the world that I would write about will be about animal extinction and the humans role in that matter. Most animals are being wiped out of exsistence and humans are mostly responsible for that. Either be it hunting, chasing them away, skining them or scarin them all that is human caused. I would write about animal extinction even though there might be other authors who have wrote about it annually. I love animals and I hate to see them all gone. The next you know is humans will be in danger of extinction.

1 comment:

Mr. Miles said...

I think that writers from long ago actually have much in common with writers from today, great writers, at least. I think they know how to write great stories well and use them to communicate something.